Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Welcome to the Quilted Blogsphere!


I’m no good at creating goals and subsequently sticking to changes to achieve those goals.  I much prefer to-do lists – short-term objectives for the day, or the week, but usually nothing more than a month.  Why is that?  Probably because I hate failure! Not that anyone likes it. I’ve heard that people who like to set goals see not meeting them as an opportunity to reevaluate the goal and refine it and not so much as the kick in the pants that I see it as.

So that being said, I’ve wanted to start this blog for over a year now. And clearly, I failed! There! I’ve said it! So now that blogs have come and gone and lost their favorability for the most part, I thought now would be a perfect time to start one.

In these pages, you’ll see examples of my craftiness and I hope that they will be opportunities to inspire you as well as stretch my originality. And I’m going to say it up front – it will also be used for some shameless self-promotion. I’m actually working with my tech minded, left brained husband to set up an Etsy store to sell my wares to a larger audience. And then there were goals! Dang how they rear their ugly heads in my life!

That was probably way too many words and if you’ve stuck around this long you probably want some photos.  My official bloginess shall now commence.




Here is the quilt that started it all. This was a mod sampler quilt from Elizabeth Hartman (ooo, I do adore her).
 I was in a part of town that I don’t usually go to and I saw this new quilt store pop up. I walked into the place and it was a little like walking into Cheers. Oh, the pretty colors and the friendly people.






 I was hooked! 

 And now everybody knows my name. Well, at least at my local quilt shop.



1 comment: